I can not connect my wireless card to my modem signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgwyldechild

Solid State Member
I just got this TwinMOS Octopus wireless router. I can not connect with it. I downloaded all the drivers and they seem to work fine. On the connect to wireless network screen, it finds my signal just fine but when I enter network key nothing happens it just returns to the normal screen and then a little bubble pops up in the corner saying that one or more wireless connections may be available. Ive tryed a ton of things, I called my ISP and tryed to fix it a number of ways. We made it so that there was no password to get into my wireless network but yet it still couldnt connect. They came to the conclution that it had to do with my wireless card. A diffrent laptop is connected to this network no problem. Also I tryed to call TwinMOS but they do not offer tech support. Im pretty lost in this.

Did your card come with a piece of software to manage the connection? On mine I had to turn off "Let windows manage my wireless connections" and then reboot and then re-install the software from the CD so that it would install correctly.

This was with a USR wireless card.

Yes it came with software witch I installed. But yet I can not hook onto the signal for some reason.

Are you using the software that was suppied though? or is windows managing your wireless connections?

Try disabling the "allow windows to control my wireless connections" and then reinstall the software that came with your wireless card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom