I am DONE with Ballistix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ballistix really differs a lot between motherboards. Either that, or they are very poorly made...

I've known a few people that have had Ballistix and have had nothing but problems. But then again, I've seen people use it and get insane overclocks. Didn't gurusan push some 667 stuff to 1066+ at one time?

IMO, they probably have great chips and the PCB is probably awsome, but I think they use cheap solder. I have never seen chips error out like that before...

Surface mount parts are a PAIN to resolder, I have done it successfully, on a single layer single sided board, but these boards like like 4-8 layers and I would never attempt to fix them, and the solder joints I think have broken are between the actual PCB and chip.

Surface mount parts are a PAIN to resolder, I have done it successfully, on a single layer single sided board, but these boards like like 4-8 layers and I would never attempt to fix them, and the solder joints I think have broken are between the actual PCB and chip.

I don't find them hard to solder. wouldn't take much time either...might have some warranty problems with that though.

I think have broken are between the actual PCB and chip.

Well that could be tricky...

Reason I think that is because they had a slight warp to them, and the heatspreaders are glued on VERY tightly and wont allow the chips to move across them, so something has to give, and I think the solder did when it was hot...

Reason I think that is because they had a slight warp to them, and the heatspreaders are glued on VERY tightly and wont allow the chips to move across them, so something has to give, and I think the solder did when it was hot...

Sounds like a likely circumstance...i have not had a problem with my crucial ballistix set yet though, and they are pretty good ocers...*crosses fingers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom