HP Printer "Tech" support by phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForReal?

Beta member
Spent better part of 2 days using up cell phone minutes trying to get a simple answer to "Why does my HP Deskjet 2050 not just print out what it sees on the monitor?" (usually 10 pt font e-mails) and instead enlarges the font to 14-18 pt font, uses reams of paper and drains the cartridges pretty fast) Of course phone was answered by someone - in the middle east? - and I had to listen to their uninterruptable script. First time I spent an hour and 20 minutes vainly trying to understand the tech's version of English and going hrough machinations...which did nothing to help and ultimately gormed up my computer so thoroughly I spent the rest of the day undoing her damage myself. So next day I tried again and of course got another barely-English-speaking tech and politely asked to be transferred to an English-as-first-language tech. Got one...in Canada. Explained my problem and that I'd been transferred to him because I had difficulty understanding the middle easterner? He then informed me I'd been transferred to him in error and I should call....another number he gave me. And when I did....where do you think the call went: You got it. Right back to the middle east. After going through the whole pat script bit again of course I politely asked to be transferred to a native English speaker because of my problem understanding them. And his answer: "I cannot do that"......Wait for it........"You just have to keep calling back until you get an English speaker" Well no wonder HP is getting out of the PC business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom