HP Printer problems with XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

songbird72

Beta member
I couldn't find a forum for printers. I got this HP F300 Series or F380 All-in-one in 2006 along with an XP computer. Lost the disc. It got fried (the XP computer) and a friend gave me a built Vista Business pc. Had to order the vista HP disc. It died December 10th, and the Pastor gave me a Dell Dimension XP tower. I cannot get the printer to work or cut on. I went to the HP website and downloaded the software and driver for XP but the device is not found and not listed in Control Panel under Printer & Fax. Two Canon printers are listed there. I added the printer, but it still will not cut on.

Everything is hooked up properly. What can I do and please help. I go to school online and need to print homework, etc. Thanks.

Was the printer turned on when you tried to install the drivers?

How are you installing the driver?

Usually you download the file from the manufacturer website, run it and it installs a directory on the C drive like C:\HP\Drivers. At that point you have to manually add the printer and point windows to that HP folder to find the proper driver.

I downloaded driver and software from website. Printer was on then yes but after restarting it wouldn't turn on. It is on now tho but keeps reinstalling everytime I boot up. Now I have several copies in control panel and I can't delete them.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the F380 all-in-one from control panel. I have to go into control panel-printers & faxes-each time to change the default printer. One copy says deleting and the other is copy 1. The deleting one is default and I have to change them to print. I also have "safely remove hardware" in system tray and when brought up, it has list of several copies of my hp printer to delete. What to do now?

What do you mean restart the print spooler? I was with HP tech in chat for 2 hrs yesterday and he had me go into run-services and run-startup. Had me uncheck the hpsch2 forgot all of it lol. I rebooted and now instead of 2 copies of the printer I have 4! Default one is deleting, 1 is ready and two are offline. grrrr.....I went back and rechecked that startup for hp. I give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom