How to set up smp client?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohhh k...they did have a guide. I went through it, have it set up...let me start and it's 1% now. Took about 9ish minutes to get that 1%, is that normal speeds for this? If not, i might of done something wrong

well i don't think i had it set up right...i think it was just using 1 core at a time (i didn't add the -smp tag thing)

but i'm redoing it

EDIT: okay...now all cores are staying between 60-80ish% instead of just 1..so i'm guessing it's working okay now.
EDIT2: completed first percent, took about 9-10 minutes but the unit is like 5mill steps instead of the 1-1.5ishmill the other one was...so 5 times the size and taking the same time. yay :]

I was looking at the smp setup, but I really got confused to be honest, and I have a headache. Lol. I'm just running two uniprocessor clients at the moment on my laptop to utilize both cores at 100%.

well i have it working i guess...but no matter the WU size it takes about 11 minutes to get 1 percent. Why is this? seems like smaller the WU the more percent it would get in 11 minutes. Is this how it's suppose to be?

no clue... lol so even if they do take the same time, the bigger the more points...correct? If that's the case, then all is okay i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom