How to remove viruses that cant be detected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPL Tech

In Runtime
Well I scanned my hard drive with Windows Defender and AVG and came up clean. However I scanned it with Spyware Doctor and came up severally infected. So what program can I download for free that is good enough to detect the files Windows Defender and AVG missed?

untitled4ez.jpg

I downloaded and installed the programs on your list and they did not find the adware. There was only two programs on there that remove adware that I donÂ’t already have anyway. Spy Catcher Express does not function on my computer. It always locks up or does not open so I removed it along with all the other programs being that they did not do anything.

Could you offer more detail on the filenames Spyware Doctor is alerting as infected (i.e. The path and name)?

Whenever I've run Spyware Doctor in the past it always seems to come up with SOMETHING, although a lot of the time it's things that are not really dangerous, or could be solved by simply emptying your cookies rather than paying 20bucks for them to do the privelege. I'm not saying they're scamming (I'm more than sure Webroot is a legitimate company) but would probably consider their techniques of scaring people into a purchase a grey area...

As with anti-virus software... there is no 1 stop shop. The same applies to spyware. I use spyware doctor on a lot of peoples computers and its one of the only programs that doesn't junk up your system by consuming many resources. Also, it seems to get about 96% of all the malware i've ever encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom