How to play a song on two computers at once.

jem7991

Beta member
Okay, so I have two Mac's connected to basic comptuer speakers (in separate rooms/parts of the house) and I was wondering if there was a way that I could play a song on my itunes on one computer and have it come out of BOTH sets of speakers (somehow get it to play on the other computer as well).

Both Laptops are connected to wifi, but they are close enough that I could also do something wired, though obviously wireless would be preferred.... Is there a way to do this?

Many thanks to anyone who can help me!

-E

I am not sure what you mean.... This has nothing to do with video whatsoever I just want to be able to play a song on one computer and have simultaneously play on the other

Simple solution IMO would just get a set of wireless speakers that takes an audio input, set them up in the other room, and play though those.

Not sure if it's possible on a Mac, but then I'd think you could set it up to output through both the output jack as well as the speakers you have.

Or if you already have external speakers hooked up to Mac #1, then just get a splitter cable, hook up splitter to mac #1, run cable from speaker set #1, run to speaker set #2 from the other split.

VLC has a client/server streaming functionality... you could look into that.

+1 on kmotes comment, if he wants to stream his media, to network his windows based computers first.
Also allow the main computer that is streaming to allow sharing of files you want to be displayed.

Using the Play To feature to stream media
That will also work out if you don't mind using windows media player to stream the music. :)

Back
Top Bottom