How to modify the dell BIOS admin password??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tajrean

Beta member
I have some problem related to my dell inspiron6400 laptop... I have some hardware issues. To solve that i need to enter into the BIOS and get the authority to modify it. But I don't know what the BIOS admin password is since it is set by the dell inc. I have tried the backdoor password techniques and and even the egyptian hak software to get rid of password (hopefully, egyptian hak gets rid of user password and guest but not admin). It's proving me to be an uphill task. As you are a software guru, will you be able to figure it out for me please. I would be more than delighted.

By the way, i dont wanna open my laptop n do any harm to it as its my only laptop and don't wanna use it as guinea pig.

Cheers!!

You could find the latest BIOS for the laptop, and flash it with that.

After that your last hope is to open the laptop up, and remove the BIOS battery - assuming that there is one. Keep it out of the laptop for a minute or two, put it back in, reassemble laptop. It's a difficult and risky process, though, which you've said you don't want to do.

Perhaps you could phone Dell up to find the password? Or the previous owner, if there was one.

Dell doesn't set the BIOS password. They are blank by default. I have 2 Dell's and i have set the password myself. It did not come with a password set. If you are certain that Dell set the password, then check your manual and all your paperwork. It will have to be listed as they cant close off the BIOS to users.

In the chance that you still cant find it, you must contact them. We are not going to help someone hack a computer. Even if it is their own. As there is no way that it can be proved on the internet that it is yours and that you are who you say you are. As it can be easily forged.

This falls under Rule #5 of the site.

Topic Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom