How to Make an External HD Write and Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extreme112

In Runtime
The title may sound confusing but what I mean is different. You see I can't compress with winzip because an error pops up. "You are trying to create a new Zip file on a disk that is write only." But unlike folders that have the Read Only checkbox, I can't seem to find one for the disk. And I cant save it on my Main HD because its chock full of files. Same thing happens with 7-zip, though the error is not listed in 7-zip, I'm guessing its the same error.

So how can I fix this?

External is only half full. But whats wierd is whenever I copy files from C to G it now asks for permission when i didn't used to. Just rebooted after starting this thread and still I cant paste files on G drive(External) without permission.

Update: Nevermind the part about copy and pasting files from C to G, it works without permission now. But my compressing files still cant compress to G. Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong with the software.

Final Update: Solved the Issue.

Well instead of using Winzip/7-zip to save to directly to the G drive, say G:\Example.zip. I just used 7-zip to create a zip file within a folder within the G Drive, Example G:\Users\Example.zip. Dont know how that works out, but hey, I compressed what I needed to compress and I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom