how to hear audio while recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

billru44

Baseband Member
hello,

i'm using cakewalk to record audio from my guitar. however, i can record fine, but, cannot hear myself playing thru my PC speakers while recording.... even this is true of the Sound Recorder on XP.... is it possible to hear the audio thru my speakers while recording through the line-in?

ok.... i did that.. here's the problem now..... to be able to hear my guitar out of my receiver speakers (which are hooked up to my computer)... i need to turn the volume up FULL blast to be able to hear it.... normally when i play mp3 out my computer for example, the volume is on 10... to hear the guitar i need to turn the volume up to 30.... is this normal?

Hey, Thanks for the quick reply... ok, i cranked up the volume settings in windows... turned them all up the to the max..... so, here's the story:

I can hear it out of my PC speakers, ONLY when my amp is set to FULL VOLUME..... however , this makes the guitar recording EXTRMEMELY distorted and is not usable. Anything else that this could be ?

actuallly, btw... i'm am connected to my pc thru the mic input.... not sure if this makes a difference ..... mic input vs. line-in..... mic input was the only way i could record

what's the difference between the mic input and line-in input? they both take in input.... i could not get anything to record via line-in.

I think i can help you, but i have to ask a few questions first.

What your doing is miking or plugging your guitar amp into your computer and you have to turn it all the way up?

-OR-

Are you having to turn your PC speakers all the way up to be able to hear what you are recording?

-OR-

Having trouble with both?

crysalis-

basically, if i am recording, i have to crank up the volume on my PC speakers. could this have something to do w/ me recording through the mic instead of the line-in?

or perhaps this is a soundcard issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom