How to export live bookmarks in Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
After I realized that the Brief Firefox add-on was - at least partially - responsible for the high cpu and disk usage of Firefox every 45-60 minutes I had to find another way to read my subscribed RSS Feeds. I uninstalled the Brief add-on and did face the problem that I had to export the Firefox Live Bookmarks which are the RSS Feeds. There was unfortunately though no option in Firefox 3 to do that. I was able to export all bookmarks in html and json format.
If you cannot find a default function in Firefox you can be very sure that some add-on developer has already developed a solution. In this case it's the OPML Support add-on which adds the function to import and export opml files in Firefox. OPML files contain the RSS Feed information and can be imported into virtually any RSS Feed reader.

The two new functions are added to the Bookmark Manager which can be opened with the key combination CTRL SHIFT B. Both are available under the Import and Export menu. It takes some time to export the Live Bookmarks and Firefox will not be responsive during that time. The result is a opml file on the hard disk that can be imported into RSS Feed readers like Google Reader.

How to export live bookmarks in Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom