How to Convert to PDF files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtleSlo

Baseband Member
How can I convert .doc , jpeg and other files to a PDF files?

I am sure there is free programs out there, what is it, I looked nut all want $$$$ I don't need to write a PDF file just be able to convert files to a PDF , opening files in PDF files look much better

tks, Dave

Hello,

There are many free programs which can do this. They're called 'PDF Printers'. Essentially, any file you can print on the computer can be converted to a PDF file. PDF Printers install a virtual printer on your computer which outputs printed files to PDF format.

The best free PDF Printer in my opinion is Bullzip PDF Printer. It provides you with many features including the ability to print several individual documents to one PDF file.

Alvin, ok I downloaded the Bullzip PDF Printer.
all I want to do is right click a jpeg or .png or .doc file to convert and save as PEF file, I don't; see that option with Bullzip?

running XP Pro,

Dave

workhard, I change the file name to .PDF and NO it will not convert it to a .PDF file

all I want to do is convert files and save as .PDF NOT print a .pdf file!

Dave

Alvin, ok I downloaded the Bullzip PDF Printer.
all I want to do is right click a jpeg or .png or .doc file to convert and save as PEF file, I don't; see that option with Bullzip?

running XP Pro,

Dave

Hello,

That's not how you use Bullzip PDF Printer. In order to convert any file into PDF, you need to print it using the Bullzip PDF Printer (virtual printer), just like if you were to print a document to an inkjet printer.

Open the file in question, go to File -> Print (or wherever the print menu is) -> Select the Bullzip PDF Printer to print to. You'll then be asked to specify a location and filename for the PDF file. You'll also be able to specify additional options.

I will try, isn't there a way to just right click and chose save as .PDF

Dave

mmmm, under file there is no print option,
I do not see the Select the Bullzip PDF
all I want to do is save as a .PDF file

Dave

there is a print option under file, it then printed the file, file was a .png

any other suggestions ????

Dave

Alvin, or anyone else,

All I want to do is take a file say .jpeg, .png or .doc and convert it to a .PDF file and save it to my pc, as a .PDF file is this possible!!!! not print , not anything else,

Dave

and yes I have Adobe Reader 8.1 on pc. and it works

Firstly let's quit the mutiple posts, just click the edit button.

Now onto your problem. You are not literally printing your file, instead the application will install a "virtual" printer (which will show up in your printers menu) and allows you to send documents to be encoded into .pdf format.

What application are you using to edit your PNG file. We may be able to assist.

Cheers,

~ Tkey

I use Microsoft digital editor 2006 mostly, and word, I have office 2007 version

Dave

Hello,

:dead:

Bullzip PDF Printer, like any other PDF Printer, is designed to output any file to PDF format. It is easy to use. It will do what you asked: to convert a file to PDF.

mmmm, under file there is no print option,
I do not see the Select the Bullzip PDF
all I want to do is save as a .PDF file

All you need to do is print the file, and when the print window appears, choose to print using the Bullzip PDF Printer - just like if you were printing any other document to a sheet of A4 using an inkjet, bubblejet or laser printer, but instead you're printing to a virtual printer.

there is a print option under file, it then printed the file, file was a .png

any other suggestions ????

In the Bullzip PDF Printer, you need to select the file format PDF, otherwise it won't print to PDF, but to whatever other file format you specify, be it BMP, JPEG or PNG.

Follow the following steps to print any file to a PDF file:

In this example I am viewing a text file in Wordpad, and will print the text file to a PDF file (convert it to PDF).

1. Open the file. Go to File -> Print:
79405418ds3.jpg

2. Select Bullzip PDF Printer and click Print:
67381048ne3.jpg

3. The Bullzip PDF Printer - Create File window will appear. Choose PDF as the format, and specify a location and file name for the PDF file:
76700794mu7.jpg

4. Click Save at the bottom of the window:
55346626uu2.jpg

5. It will then Print (which in the context of Bullzip PDF Printer means Create or Convert) the file to a PDF file to the location you specified:
pdfwm6.jpg

Just a few very easy steps.

ok, it does work, cool!!

one question, when I open a file that is named .png the Microsoft Editor editor opens, I have to do 2 extra clicks but ti does save it in a .PDF

so is there a way to eliminate the Editor from opening when I want to save a .png file?

and Tks a bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom