how scary is f.e.a.r?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motoxer4533

Try again!
i have someone that is gunna give me f.e.a.r, and i was doing some researching online so i know what im going to be playing. i was watching the trailers on the game's website, and i've gotta tell ya.. the gameplay doesnt look too scary, but the teaser trailers with the real people scared me a lot.. i gues what i i'm asking is: how scary is f.e.a.r? i know its just a game, but i don't want to have to get a new computer chair if my current one is stained with pee.. lol...

FEAR is the scariest game ever made. Well, it depends on what scares you. If you were scared by "The Ring", then you will find FEAR scary. If not, you should be alright.

The beginning of F.E.A.R. was probably the scariest for me, since there is so much stuff going on and this and that and it's just undescribably freaky. Things hit you like a hurricane blast when you least expect and these moments aren't "ahh...wow, that was kinda dumb" (ie. DOOM3) scary, they are "HOLY CRAP WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!?!" scary. These type of things WILL keep you on the edge of your seat. But...after a little while (like all other horror/scifi/apocalyptic/scary anime girl trying to kill everyone game) it does lose its finish and scariness after playing for a while. So yea, if you are scared easily you will need to put down a towel before playing. If you are not so easily scared, you still may want to put down a towel just in case.

Bottom Line:: This game scared me alot but it is an experience that was truly amazing!

::-Chase-::

Thief was a scary game. I haven't played f.e.a.r. but it doesn't seem to be that scary. There are much more scarier games if that's what you're looking for.

Its definetely freaky.

For instance when something supernatural happens it interferes with your radio frequency so you hear the static and you're like, "... OH SHIT!" when it happens and stuff.

Good buy for singleplayer.

im really worried that the performance for this game is gunna go down the crapper..

my specs

80 gb hard drive
512 mb ram
256 mb graphics card

even if all of the settings are on the bare minumum, do you think it will run badly?

You'll want more RAM (1gb should do nicely), and "256 mb graphics card" doesn't tell us anything. It could be a 256mb GeForce 7800GTX (very good) or it could be a 256mb Radeon 9250 (not so good). Knowing what CPU you have also would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom