How hard is Javascript?

Zekester2097

In Runtime
I have an old Javascript book in my room, my dad gave me. I didn't get far into it. I'm afraid it will be to complicated to memorize everything to use it effectively.. My question is, basically, is Java worth it, and how hard is it, once I get into it fully??

I have an old Javascript book in my room, my dad gave me. I didn't get far into it. I'm afraid it will be to complicated to memorize everything to use it effectively.. My question is, basically, is Java worth it, and how hard is it, once I get into it fully??

1. Java or Javascript? They're different and have nothing to do with each other.

2. Programming isn't as much about 'memorization' as it is about logical thinking. You don't really "memorize" commands...you just kinda learn them. Think of it like learning a new language because that's essentially what you're doing.

3. It's only hard if you don't take the time to learn it and actually use it. If you develop things (even simple things) you'll pick it up easily.

4. Would recommend learning basic JavaScript to begin with, and then look into Javascript frameworks to make your life easier once you understand how the language works (such as jQuery, AngularJS, etc.). Those will help you create more advanced features more easily / quickly.

1) i just learned that the term javascript is for browsers, i mean the programming language..
2)yes, but memorization is part of learing it...
3) huh... imma try it then...
4) k

Both are programming languages - JavaScript is web, Java is for applications and is an Object Oriented Language.

I guess I don't consider it memorization if you're actually applying it / using it.

I have never tried JS but AFAIK you don't really need to memorize stuff if you apply what you've learned in daily practice exercises.. You automatically get a hang of it later.

JS is a part of what makes this forum go. In VB software they are modules that do specific tasks.

JS is a part of what makes this forum go. In VB software they are modules that do specific tasks.

JS is basically what makes most websites function, nowadays. If you disabled JS...you can't do a whole lot on websites these days.

you cloud still use YouTube, pretty sure that runs on Python

Python is a back end framework language (i.e. serverisde). Like PHP, Java, C#, etc. All those are back-end languages that run on the server. JavaScript is clientside like HTML/CSS, meaning it's rendered / translated by the browser / end user rather than the server.

Python is a back end framework language (i.e. serverisde). Like PHP, Java, C#, etc. All those are back-end languages that run on the server. JavaScript is clientside like HTML/CSS, meaning it's rendered / translated by the browser / end user rather than the server.
So javascript runs in the browser, not on the server?

Back
Top Bottom