How good/bad my computer specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I believe the cod4 engine is just the cod2 engine with major tweaks. Am I right?

It should be good for old games and extremely low-end games now.

I would upgrade the graphics card and PSU if I were you (and had the money to).

Yours is significantly (~7 times) better than mine and I can play Team Fortress 2 (barely :p).

Yeah, I need an upgrade from 2005-era integrated graphics.

What about my upcoming rig? What games it would do good (max graphs)?

Motherboard:
ASUS S1156 H55 DDR3 USB3 TURBO KEY ATX

Memory:
8GB 1333MHZ DDR3 NON-ECC CL9 DIMM KIT ( 2x 4096mb )

Case:
CHIEFTEC GAMING TOWER ATX BLACK/RED 4FAN

Processor:
INTEL CORE I5-661 3.33G 4M LGA1156 BOX

HDD:
WD CAVIAR GREEN 1TB 3.5" SATA2 IP 64MB

Graphics card:
ASUS GTX 560 DIRECTCU PCIE 1GB GDDR-5

Power:
CORSAIR GS PSU 800W 14CM ATX12V2.3 80+

WIN 7 HOME PREMIUM SP1 64-BIT OEM FI (1)

I think that would max out just about any game, at 1680x1050 and get 30 fps, in existence right now, GPU-wise.

But instead of that dual-core, I'd get a quad-core. i5 2500k
And I'd probably go with something like this for the mobo unless the budget allowed for something like this.

Also, go with Caviar Black instead of Caviar Green.
I've heard it's much faster.

this or this.

Also, you'd also be safe with a 750W for a long time, unless you were planning on getting another GTX 560 down the road and SLIing them, then I'd stick with the 800W.

I ordered the parts before I checked back to this forum so my rig will be as I described. I thought about going with the 2500k, because it was only 10€ more, but I would've had to change the motherboard because of the different socket, and the price would've been much higher, wich would have blown my already high budget (900€). The 2500k can't be THAT MUCH better because the price is almost the same, and I've heard that most of the games don't even use more than 2 cores. 4 core isn't a big benefit unless you do some heavy weight science calculation stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom