How do you get counter strike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles

In Runtime
How do you get this game, i've heard it is ace and i want to know how to get it. Don't you have to get half life or something?

depends on which version of counterstrike you want.

There is the original counterstrike which you can download for free if you own Half-Life, there is Counterstrike Condition Zero which as I understand it is just the original Counterstrike with better graphics, and then there is Counterstrike Source which is yet another remake of the original but with much better graphics.

I've only played Source but people say that the original counterstrike is better in all areas except the graphics.

Condition Zero is hardly ever talked about or played and I have no idea why. It seems that it has all the good things from the original (which Source lacks) and it has decent graphics (which the original lacks).

I'd go with Source or the original because those seem to be far more popular than Condition Zero (why everyone plays the original and not Condition Zero I have know idea) and you will surely find many more servers for them.

Don't waste your time buying the cd It will take you longer to get up and playing anyway with all the downloads you will have to do anyway. So just go to valve and download it. The extra bonus is you get Day of Defeat Source as well. Which is a ww2 shooter and a darn good one at that.

DoD is very good. Far more realistic game than CS:S but I still find CS:S too addicting. :)

the source version is better in every way to the original versions IMHO and no, its not subscription, you just buy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom