How do I save bookmarks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I'm getting ready to run Combofix and the last time I ran it, it wanted to delete Firefox. Since FF has been EXTREMELY buggy lately, I'm just going to delete it and continue using Chrome. I need to save my bookmarks first.

What's the quickest, easiest and more painless way to do this? Anything besides opening mass windows and copy/paste everything?

TIA!!! :)

Why not just Sync Chrome to the Google Servers and have them do the work for you?

Are you wanting to transfer your bookmarks to Chrome or make a backup for reinstalling Firefox?
To transfer them to Chrome just go to options, personal stuff and click on the Import Data from another browser button.
To back them up in Firefox just go to organize bookmarks and on the top is a button that says Import and Backup.

To transfer them to Chrome just go to options, personal stuff and click on the Import Data from another browser button.

But if you already uninstalled firefox, see if your C:\users\[YOUR USERNAME]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ still exists. If so copy and paste.

Not True. Cause Firefox now has the option to delete the profile during removal of the program. Not only that but the bookmarks are kept in a form that only Firefox uses. So even if you still do have that folder handy and didnt delete it during the removal process, you would have to know how to open .json files from the bookmark backup folder or sqlite files to find the Places you have.

Add into that the fact that once you remove Firefox, you wont be able to import from another browser and select Firefox or the profile folder cause Chrome will not know it exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom