How do I get rid of Delta Search?

Lakshun

Beta member
I am using Windows XP, SP 3.
Somehow delta search infected my computer and I cannot get rid of it anymore.
I looked for various guides but they failed.
I removed everything from all my harddrives and my registry containing "delta", "yontoo" and "sweet" (SweetIM may be related, not sure but I got rid of it all anyway).
I definitely have nothing suspicious left in the list of my installed programs and Neither Adaware nor Avira Antivir find anything (Adware's Tollbar Cleaner also doesn't fin anything anymore).

I have removed Firefox entirely and deleted Internet Explorer (windows will re-create the exe).

However, the last time I checked, delta search still infected my pc.

I assume that there are files somewhere on my pc or entries in my registry that cause the infection but simply don't have any name that is easy to identify with delta search.

All the guides to remove it that I found claim that this is all you need to do to remove delta search (or advertise themselves for you to pay for their services which makes me think they have a deal with delta search anyway).

I would greatly appreciate help in removign this malware.
Thanks.

What programs have you used to scan your system for infections?

Last edited:
Try running a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware. Post the log here once the full scan is finished.

Actually I have just removed it.
I had assumed windows search would include hidden files but that is not the case.
When I did search for hidden files, I found cause, every user account had hidden files that infect every browser with delta search.
After deleting all these files delta search is completely removed from my pc.

Back
Top Bottom