how do i get added to roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
apparently so, I've been folding with the gp2 on higher priority in the app over the regular f@h client. my wu's have been gaining pace! can you tell that I have my everything set right now?

i have no idea. i'm using the regular f@h client and the video card one the gp2. all i know. (and the f@h upstairs on dell too)
if it matters this main machine doesnt fold 24/7 because ill tone it down or pause the clients for a few hours a day while i'm doing more than just web/music. probably full blast for 16-22 hours a day

Yha, if you get fahmon numbers, It'll show what would be done, which is how most of us check our numbers.

Oh, you only need slightly higher for the gpu or it'll cause issues with your daily stuff

tell me what you think please. i set my slider bar for both at about 90 percent then select slightly hgiher priority for the gpu one. what do you think?

Hmm,

You should really make more.

the 285 @24/7 should be over 7, Are you running a uni-core or smp?

Best measure is by fahmon predicted ppd.

unicore as in only one gtx285? then yes. whats smp?
whats fahmon?

Okay, I think you have the priority and core amount mixed up.

Priority is set on the gpu confiig tab. You just click the dot to select: Slightly high yada yad.

Unicore is the cpu program. It's uni as it uses 1 core. Smp is using all the cores, and gets bigger wus and more pts. BUT has shorter deadlines.

fahmon is this

It allowsx you to monitor the processes. Like this:
ppd511s.jpg

Very useful.

i added the file location but it never gave me the oppertunity to ad a .exe or anything. in my fahmon i see progress and ETA N/A. whats the deal with getting fahmon 'projects'?

hahaha love the name for Notfred's distro on ur FAHmon paton...just...Fred...hahaha

The projects d/l is bjust the program updating its database so it can accurately calculate ppd.

You made vthe classic first time install mistake.

You don't add the fah.exe, you add the work folder.

So, typically the gpu will get installed in the program files, but the work folder is in the application folder.

cpu work is usualy in the exe file.

Easiest way to find the work folder is to open the log file, its in the taskbar icons menu, and the location is at the very top. The start in directory.

hope that helps.

Like that Fred eh, makes me miss Mr. Rogers.. he was Fred too

Mr. Rodgers was like another father to me ^_^

my work folder for the gpu clients is located here

"C:\Users\Comatose Clown\AppData\Roaming\Folding@home-gpu"

make sure FAHmon points to the directory that you see the FAHlog.txt in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom