How did this happen? (Trojans/Hijackers/Keyloggers ETC...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nechen

Baseband Member
The subject pretty much explains. I remember reading about spyware in PC magazine a year ago or so and now they're spreading to almost any website. I've just always had a few questions:

1.) Who makes these things? I mean who programs something to just link you to a popup that you're gonna X out once it comes out

2.) How do they get on a website?

3.) Are websites actually sponsoring trojans to get money? And if so who pays to put their trojans on a website?

I don't know, but I am so sick of these things. Everytime I start my computer I have to run ad-aware and it finds like 30 new spyware items. If I don't run adaware, popups will be hitting me like crazy, even when I'm not surfing the net.

It's all money based. Everytime you get a pop up or a pop behind someone gets paid. Thats why they develop these commercial trojans. they just want to turn your machine into a giant advertisment.

Truthfully all that stuff dosen't install itself, either you downloaded it or someone else did.
common sense is the key.
Try to stay away from those pretty looking screensavers that you see on websites ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom