How can I hook up the 360 to Live with a maxed out router?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I got a new LAN PCI card. There are two in this computer. This computer is running XP Pro SP2.

I installed the drivers to the new PCI LAN card. I then went into network connections and right clicked my current connection and selected "bridge connections."

It prompted me with an error saying I must select two high speed LAN connections that are not being used by internet connection sharing.

How do I get around this obstacle?

Update - Somebody told me that in order to do what I'm trying to do, that I don't actually bridge the connections. They said I need to go to the active LAN connection that I'm using for the internet, right click, properties, advanced tab, and enable internet connection sharing. Then somehow that machine will pin a DHCP address to the xbox and allow it to pass it through the computer to the router for connectivity.

Seems odd, because that's exactly what the error said not to do that I was getting. However, he does have a degree in PC stuff and he seemed confident when he answered me, as if I shouldn't second guess him.

I'd try it out, but I'm running out the door now for work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom