How Can I Find Out If My ISP Is Limiting My Download Speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelm3103

Fully Optimized
How Can I Find Out If My ISP Is Limiting My Download Speed?

Is your ISP is limiting your download speeds?

You can run the Glasnost test in your browser to determine whether or not your ISP is following any such tactic to manipulate your download speeds for specific sites.

500x_glasnost_test.jpg

The test uses a Java applet to compare your regular download speed against the speed at which Flash videos get streamed to your system. Other than videos, it can also compare the download speed for email attachments (via POP and IMAP), normal HTTP based file transfers, torrents, and binary downloads from Usenet servers.

You should consider running these tests at different times of the day since some ISPs may be limiting speeds only during peak hours. Also, do remember to stop any other downloads that might be running in the background for more accurate results.

I know some users ask about their ISP, if there connection is being throttled and stuff pertaining to that topic. Just thought I'd post this, as they can test it out themselves :).

Not to mention when i just clicked on it, bit.ly says invalid url. Might want to fix that or i will have to close the thread cause it isnt active anymore. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom