homeless people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well my dad just gave him a chance... nothing wrong with helping someone with some chores and money.... not going to ask them to help anymore tho...... i don't think he did the wrong thing by hiring them.

I have a funny story to share...

My dad is a construction worker and he has to be at job sites REAL early like 4AM. Everyone knows construsction workers are notorious for wearing dirty ripped old clothes,right? Well one day may dad was early for work and he took a nap in his 1992 silver rusted up Honda Civic. A bum nocked on his window and asked for some change. When he gave him some change the bum gave it right back to him while looking at his car and his clothes and said keep it you need this more than I do.

True story, no joke.

Musjunk22 said:
I have a funny story to share...

My dad is a construction worker and he has to be at job sites REAL early like 4AM. Everyone knows construsction workers are notorious for wearing dirty ripped old clothes,right? Well one day may dad was early for work and he took a nap in his 1992 silver rusted up Honda Civic. A bum nocked on his window and asked for some change. When he gave him some change the bum gave it right back to him while looking at his car and his clothes and said keep it you need this more than I do.

True story, no joke.
I believe that.

Like I have one of my freinds (I use that term loosely for him). He's about 40-something. Personal grooming as foreign concept for him, and in winter he's normallly wearing this big army coat, he has a scruffy beard, and a have had both freind and shop owners comment to me "Who's that street bum that is following you"

"This is not funny to me..."

OH! I see... Were making funny storys now eh? How's this one?

I used to be homless!!! :mad:

There usually are reasons why people end-up on the streets! Like when people can't pay their Bills!!!:mad:
At the end of the day, there is a reason why they are homeless.
Shure. Allot of the time they are stoned, Or criminally insane, but that dosn't give you any right to mock them! People who are stoned, usually are to try and forget their problems! Like dept, death in the familly, bills... And as for the crazy ones, We have Ronald Ragon to blame for that, because he's the one that put them on the street!! They used to live in the Mental Institutions!

So don't start making fun of those people, Because this kind of thing could happen to ANYONE! So who's to say it won't happen to you?!?! :mad: :rolleyes: :angry: :cool:

I don't think any one was making fun of actual homeless people here. More like making fun like of people that actaully well off, but getting mistaken for a bum.

Like there is Musjunk22 Dad who the constuction worker. And there is my freind that really should do some thing about his appearance.

Apart from that, I had some bad experences where with some one with either a bad drug habbit, or that really belongs in the mental house.

Re: "This is not funny to me..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
OH! I see... Were making funny storys now eh? How's this one?
I dont think thats the case rather having a good laugh but not at the expense of homeless.

I used to be homless!!! :mad:
Im sorry for you, glad your on your feet

There usually are reasons why people end-up on the streets! Like when people can't pay their Bills!!!
Very true but being on the street changes ones mind and they do become mediaclly i'll, so people do have a right to not assosiate with them

llot of the time they are stoned, Or criminally insane, but that dosn't give you any right to mock them! People who are stoned, usually are to try and forget their problems! Like dept, death in the familly, bills...

Again your right, drugs are used to forget rather than for the high. However, that does not excuse the fact that when people give them money they spend it on drugs. If a homeless person really was like the members say on this board with a mind that reasons they would save that money. But the street changed that, so rather than throwing a little buit of change here and some there, there needs to be a way for these people to get on their feet. Without an adress or suit they will never get a job, and this is a problem. But im conservative and against spending on this kind of problem so local charitys or municipatlities on their own could probably make a building or place for them to live.

And as for the crazy ones, We have Ronald Ragon to blame for that, because he's the one that put them on the street!! They used to live in the Mental Institutions!

Im Canadian and had no idea, and that is dumb. Whats the difference if someone is mentally i'll and poor or someones mentally i'll and rich/has money. Except for the money none so both deserve a spot in a mental institution.

So don't start making fun of those people, Because this kind of thing could happen to ANYONE! So who's to say it won't happen to you?!?

Its actually easier to become homeless than people think, if you get laid of and have no other source of income and cant pay the rent at the end of the month your kicked out. As soon as you have no adress your totally screwed big time, and its almost impossable to get a job. However, some people are just lazy and dont work and when the money runs out their homeless. Get my drift? There needs to be a way to seperate the two so the government can help people who really dont deserve to be homeless and let the lazy people stay homeless. Its not mean its fact and thats how it should be

My question is: How do you tell the difference between the ones that are really needy from the ones on drugs, or won't work, etc.?

If you can't tell the difference, is it fair to treat them all the same?

You just don't know!

Dave :D

DMo224 said:
My question is: How do you tell the difference between the ones that are really needy from the ones on drugs, or won't work, etc.?

SIMPLE. If some one comes up to you as ask for a money so they can eat tonight, you take them down to MacDonalds and buy them some thing.

If they are really starving, they are not going to argue. Otherwise they are just a junkie.

Harper said:
SIMPLE. If some one comes up to you as ask for a money so they can eat tonight, you take them down to MacDonalds and buy them some thing.

If they are really starving, they are not going to argue. Otherwise they are just a junkie.

Sometimes you are in a rush, say late for a meeting. How are you going to find the time to take them to macdonalds? And if your really a nice person and want to help and then drop some change you might be giving them change to mess up their lives even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom