hmmm...fast internet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
Ok i have cable modem and i was looking at my isp page on the service packages they have. The one that i have is 1500k. then i saw next to it a 3000k dl for a "plus" version of what i have. Since i pay for cable tv...i get cheaper deals for this. so instead of playing $50 for "plus" i would be paying $40. I want to do this..but it 3000k service pretty fast?? I started at 512k and all of the sudden its at 1500k...

What's the cost of your current service? I myself didn't notice that much of a difference (while browsing) when going from 384 to 1500k, except for the increased download capacity.

no, i havent noticed a diff either. My dl speeds have gone from about 50k/sec to 120k/sec on average. Right now i pay $30 for mine. BTW i am with cable one.

"no, i havent noticed a diff either. My dl speeds have gone from about 50k/sec to 120k/sec on average."

that seems like quite a differnce and u can even double that download spped again by going to 3 mbps i think.
so id say if u need the faster downloads then do it but for just surfing i wouldnt.

for downloads? i get only about 100k/sec now...talking to my parents about the 3mb/sec service.

The only difference you'll see the speed increase in is with your downloads. You won't see a difference with browsing the web. Also you shouldn't see a difference in online gaming either, because most game's net code is efficient enough for dial-up players.

Even with your downloads you won't always see a difference because the host you are downloading from might have a slow upload speed.

So basically the only difference you'll see is in downloads, and that won't even be everytime.

Although if you are sharing your cable Internet connection with 4 or more computers, you might see a difference with browsing, gaming, and downloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom