Hlep me build a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now there is no Intel equivelent for home users, and I don't think anyone really knows when the 64-bit version of Windows is coming out.

But they did release a beta version which could mean it is close to a release.

64 bit for intel

I hear their working on something. I believe they're scrapping their present work to match AMD. So you'll end up having a new intel unlike any of the ones now. So the p4's counterpart will blow 'em away!

As for your computer... There are still people with a 2.0 or less that still have a blast with games! You can still have an old computer and still "survive" along with the best of the computer guys. Your right when you say that about the ram. Yeah- you'll want a motherboard that will allow you to upgrade about 2 gigs or more! And good ram! A motherboard that will support DDR pc4400 or pc600 or something like that! (top of the line!!!!)

And a motherboard that has an AGP slot that's 8x. Don't get one that's only 4x or less. 8x or 4x etc. is the speed that enables the graphics card to go at. Mine is only a 4x so if I bought a card that for instance is... Radeon 9600 pro 256mb (my future card) that one is a 8x. So it will only run at half the speed since I only have a 4x. I hope I'm not confusing you. But yeah- your on the right track! Just make sure you talk to people about the product your thinking about getting. And tell them what games you'd like to play. Don't always trust that the people at the store know what you want in a computer when you buy the parts! Make sure everyone knows you want state of the art!

-Eric!

Ps- Computers that are obsolete doesn't mean you can't use them still. Too many computer people miss use or missunderstand the word obsolete!!! Just because something comes out better- doesn't mean you can't run the same or new great games on your old computer!

Ok let me just add a bit of advice here. I'm building a new rig for $1600 and using one or two step below top of the line parts exclusively, but I'm going to get roughly 95% as high performance maybe a little less as a $3000-4000 rig. So my advice is to build a sub $2000 rig that will last you two or three years and then get another rig for the same and that way you can pay the same amount and get roughly the same performance for the first two years and way more for the next two since the current $3000 rig won't last 3 years. Also you should definately learn to build your rig it is much more cost effective. Read some guides and read the manuals for your parts and you shouldn't have to much trouble. BTW if you do end up buying though it is highly discouraged go with Falcon Northwest my brother has one of there rigs and it is really high quality.

ALLRIGHT LITEN UP THIS IS IT!!!
gigabye 64 bit K8 nforce3 MOTHERBOARD
2 gig pc 4400 RAM
GEFORCE FX 6800 FX ULTRA 256mb vid card
120 gig SATA ata150 10000rpm 8mb buffer

Re: 64 bit for intel

Eric5000 said:
I hear their working on something. I believe they're scrapping their present work to match AMD. So you'll end up having a new intel unlike any of the ones now. So the p4's counterpart will blow 'em away!

The Intel 64 bit chip will be based on the Prescott core (it has inactive 64 bit-ness in it), which isnt an impressive chip.

Wait

With 3.5K, I would wait 1-2 weeks till Intel presents their new processors. There would be many advanced technology that you would like to have: PCI Express (16X, 3.5 times faster than current AGP 8X), DDR2 Memory (faster, of course), some new chipset 915-925 specialized for entertainments...
Believe me, you would not waste 3.5K on a high-end system like that. Just wait 1-2 weeks.

If I was(though I'm not) going to buy a socket 775 processor , I'd wait until Intel perfected their 90nm processor because the 775s are having heating problems just like the other prescotts on socket 478, to prove it the Extreme Edition for socket 775 is still based on the northwood core. Even if i got a 775 i wouldn't get DDR2 now because it costs twice as much as DDR and doesn't perform any better. DDR2 will surpass DDR when it reaches 667 MHz, but even then it won't be at a 1:1 cost ratio. Another thing about Intel is their chipsets only support PCI Express. They would make a lot more money if they supported AGP and PCI Express like some of the future socket 939 chipsets, because PCI-E graphics cards will cost more than AGP, but won't show much performance difference for about 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom