HL2 HDR Vid

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaara said:
Found a couple screenshots that look freaking insanely realistic.

http://halflife2.filefront.com/screenshots/News/18147/3

I don't even think my video card is displaying them in all their glory. =/

The link isnt bringing up any screens for me. Anyone else got the screens? I really wanna see them. :)

From the way you are all talking.........................does this mean I will have to upgrade my already new system to get full effect out of the new graphics?

No, you have a 6800 series card so you will be fine. It may stress your system with full AA enabled, but the 6800 series will be able to run it without a problem. Its the ATI people that will have to upgrade, and I'm talking about even people with X850XT P.E.s

yeah but he's also got SLI which I'm sure that level will be encoded to work with SLI unless ATI just wanted to be asses like that lol.

That link gaara put up worked fine for me ton =/

Hmm, well actually I just went to click on it right now and they aren't loading, so just try again a little bit later. Server could be going slow

beedubaya said:
No, you have a 6800 series card so you will be fine. It may stress your system with full AA enabled, but the 6800 series will be able to run it without a problem. Its the ATI people that will have to upgrade, and I'm talking about even people with X850XT P.E.s

1x 6800Ultra wont even be able to run it with AA or AF I am guessing, look at Valve's video

Obviously no AA or AF, and they either had a beta r520 or 2x 6800 Ultra's most likely

They could probably get by with AF. Believe it or not AF doesn't cause that much of a performance hit. Its the AA that really takes a lot out of your system.

DJ-CHRIS said:
That means you have an 8 meg line to do it in that time

lies

Actually right now i got 5mbps/2mbps and im planning on getting 15mbps/2mbps. Um sorry, took me 5 minutes!

truebe said:
Actually right now i got 5mbps/2mbps and im planning on getting 15mbps/2mbps. Um sorry, took me 5 minutes!

Cool, you have Verizon FIOS. How does it compare to DSL or Cable in say browsing speed?

I used to have comcast and browsing websites is about the same but i really notice a difference when downloading and playing games. My pings dropped a lot and its a lot more reliable then my Comcast was, and less expensive. The upload is a lot bigger too 350kbps to 2mbps is nice. With comcast a average ping was around 50 and now i get around 20. Kinda off topic but they actaully have their own tech-support for FIOS and thank god, its not from India like DELL or linksys.

beedubaya said:
Cool, you have Verizon FIOS. How does it compare to DSL or Cable in say browsing speed?

Ive got 15mbps, but because its wireless I only get about 3 on my laptop which sucks. Way faster than dsl though.

can't wait till verizon FIOS comes (prolly at least another year or two)

adelphia cable sucks (i get like 100 servers when i refresh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom