hijack log.. iexplore.exe problems, please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you are booting from the harddrive first.

I was asking if you had the cd so you could perform a repair.

I see...

Is there any other way to remove this? Do you see anything abnormal? Is there a name to this virus?

Ok I found out a little more info, trogan.generic.4299553 keeps reappearing, any guidance on how to remove it permanently ?

I used a security suite provided by my internet provider. It stops the trogan or rather block it, but doest remove or the trogan keeps coming back every time I boot up.

Also I have a windows cd now, I tried re-installing windows but I cant boot from bios. I dont know how to set it. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

A security suite provided by IE, not sure what that is.

Download Microsoft Security Essentials and run and let me know what it finds.

A security suite provided by IE, not sure what that is.

Download Microsoft Security Essentials and run and let me know what it finds.

Hi Osiris, thanks for taking the time to help I really appreciate it!!! Here's a screen shot of the security suite and a shot of the virus/trojan. The protection comes with my internet service, via Charter communications. It detects the virus and remove it, but the virus reappear every time I log on. I have no idea how to remove it.

Charter Suite...

The Trojan:

Make sure system restore is disabled

Reboot

Download and run:

CCleaner - Make sure to check all the boxes but the last one called Wipe Free Space, then clean the registry
Cleanup!

CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

www.stevengould.org - CleanUp! Home

Does Charter (F-Secure) still find anything?

Yes the suite finds it every time I log on. I have process explore running in order to suspend the process tree from spreading all over.

Thanks for the directions and suggestion, I will update you with results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom