High Ping With DSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdeadweightxx

In Runtime
Ok well I have the standard 1.5 mbps dsl with earthlink (wired). I use a Linksys router between 2 computers. My problem is when I play pretty much any online game my ping is around 130+. Even when I have the other computer turned off I get about the same ping. Usually when im on a server, everyone has better pings than me and lots of them also have the standard 1.5 mbps connection. Is there anything I can do from my computer to decrease these high pings? Iv already tried to upgrade but my area dosent support anything higher than 1.5 :( Btw, would going broadband cable cost me a termination fee even if I still use earthlink?

A termination fee is when you cancel your subscription before your TOS has expires, so why would you have to pay the termination fee if you're still using earthlink and using cable ISP at the same time. I'm not sure what you meant.

Connect your computer directly to the modem and see if you get any lower ping, if so then we'll diagnose the router, if not you'll need to check your DSL line and your ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom