Hide Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Hiding Windows can be something that you would like to do for several reasons. The most obvious is of course that you do not want to show an open window to someone who passes by your computer, be it supervisor or wife. It can also help remove windows out of sight that require no interaction but popup during system startup.
Windows Hidie is a 17 Kilobyte program that runs under Windows XP SP2 and all Windows Vista editions. It id capable of hiding pretty much any window, not just the ones that you have opened in Windows. It displays lots of system windows as well which might be a bit confusing for beginners. My advice would be to check out the filenames if you are unsure about an entry. Most that you would like to had have appropriate names though, say uTorrent if you prefer to hide the Bittorrent client at system startup or during a session.
Checking a window and clicking on hide hides the window on the system. The reference however is still visible in Windows Hidie so that you can display it again if you need to. The process in the task manager, if there is one, is also still visible of course.
hide_windows.jpg

The best part however is the option to hide windows on startup. This makes sure that the window will be hidden whenever windows is running and not only in the current session.
Three shortcuts are available while windows Hidie is running. You can hide the active window by pressing Windows Z, Windows S shows all hidden windows again and Windows A displays or hides Windows Hidie.
The version of Windows Hidie is only 0.1 and I would like to propose a few changes that would improve the application. A way to filter windows would be nice, maybe implement a default filter that would not display all those windows system windows that are only confusing. I would also like to see a way to mark more than one window at once and hide them together.

Hide Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom