Helpdesk - like software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I'm planning on making some sort of electronic repair type of deal. Is there a software out there that is well known that can input the following:

- username
- repair type
- email address
- phone number

and then its going to let me sort which tasks needs to be done and such?

maybe i can program something like that using excel or something?

Excel would be the cheapest solution. Just make a column for each of those variables, then have a column for tasks needing to be done (or have been done) and when / if they were completed.

If you want a more professional option with more details and options you need a project organizing program like Microsoft Project (my favorite for very large projects with timelines and multiple people working on the same project).

how exactly do i put it in excel that can make it auto-sort or something of that nature?

If you want to auto sort you'll have to record a macro that sorts by what column you want sorted. It is just as easy to highlight all of the data and then sort by whatever column you want.

We used AdventNet software at the public schools system. It was a nice web-based helpdesk system.

it was VERY flexible and easy to use. It was probably the most user-friendly helpdesk software I've seen yet.

I think there's a free version out there. But i'm too lazy to google it.

if its a web-based helpdesk system, do i need to host my own webhost // domain to host it?

you can set up a local box to be a web server, but you don't need a domain unless you want to access it from the internet, which would be handy if you were going from site to site.

Even then, the free client would probably be small enough to fit on something like a free geocities account.

i checked it and it looks pretty cool!

What are the advantages from going to free to full?

i've only used the full and it's a fairly extensive program. you've got all kinds of things like User information, Asset information. Tickets, problems, Change management... I mean it was THE system for an entire public school system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom