help with my SPEAKERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehehe.. Think you're gonna have to test that out yourself.. Then tell us how it worked out, and we can help other dudes ;)

speakers dont normally "blow" from too much power. especially with an amp that is included with the speaker set. basically, if you hear distortion, turn it down. if there's distortion, it means the amp is either not powerful enough or not clean enough (which can damage speakers), or they're just turned up past their rating power handling.

i dunno man...if you turn those up all the way, i really hope you are not nearby. but if you do feel the need to, you'll probably be in the other room, in which case distortion will be noticeable if it's there (sometimes you can't hear distortion when you're close to speakers)

dont be stupid. If you drive your car at 8,000rpms, how long do you think it will last? Sending that much power to those speakers wont last long. Eventually, the cones will most likely tear. You DONT want that. The speakers will sound like you are flicking them at every lower note that they try to give out if the cone is torn.

Unless there is a protection circuit on it, there is a very good chance you can blow/tear them. Even if there is a protection circuit on it, that much power for long periods of time isn't healthy.

Im doubting that the amp that powers is sending them the just perfect amount of power. So more than likely, at full volume, they will either be recieving a clipped signal or getting over-powered. Neither of which is good for the speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom