help with kubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley3344

In Runtime
im reallly srry if somone has this posted somewhere but im a noob (i mean really A NOOB) to linux and have read a few guids on how to get F@H to work on ku. but i dled the .exe (which i dont think is right cuz thats for windows but it said it was for linux) and i followed the doc on ku, im stuck i get in the terminal and i cant do anything i get permission denied and it sucks any help would be greatly appreciated thanks,

Just delete the .exe extension from the file name, it doesnt matter. Is it on your desktop? If so, open the terminal, type cd ~/Desktop, then chmod +x filename, then sh filename

Of course, filename being the name of the file you downloaded. From there you should be good to go.

Also, a little tip: If you dont feel like typing the whole filename because it is too long or complicated, type the first few letters then hit 'tab.' It will complete it for you.

huh? Copy the entire contents of the terminal and paste it in here, please. That way I can double check

harley@aa-desktop:~/Desktop$ chmod +x /home/harley/Desktop/FAH504-Linux.exe
harley@aa-desktop:~/Desktop$ sh /home/harley/Desktop/FAH504-Linux.exe
/home/harley/Desktop/FAH504-Linux.exe: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
harley@aa-desktop:~/Desktop$ chmod +x
chmod: missing operand after `+x'
Try `chmod --help' for more information.
harley@aa-desktop:~/Desktop$ sh FAH504-Linux.exe
FAH504-Linux.exe: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
harley@aa-desktop:~/Desktop$ chmod +x /home/harley/Desktop/FAH504-Linux.pb
harley@aa-desktop:~/Desktop$ sh /home/harley/Desktop/FAH504-Linux.pb
/home/harley/Desktop/FAH504-Linux.pb: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
harley@aa-desktop:~/Desktop$ kdesku /home/harley/Desktop/FAH504-Linux.pb
bash: kdesku: command not found
harley@aa-desktop:~/Desktop$

EDIT: i also tryed something else which didnt work.. dont laph at me if im doing something completly wrong here lol i do that enouph as it is. anyways thanks for taking the time to help me.

You don't need to sh it, just ./path/to/whatever.exe and it works for some reason. I still can't figure out why they made it an exe.

Ah, you're right. So if you are already on the desktop you can just type "./FAH504-Linux.exe"

Not sure why I put 'sh,' that would be for a bash script or something similar.

im not sure what a bash script is but im sure ill learn here prity quick i want to do a complete switch from windows to linx. oh and if i didnt make it clear it does work now lol. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom