Help! Monitor/keyboard/mouse unresponsive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomer456

Beta member
Alright, I'm having troubles with my computer and I am even unsure to which forum to post in, but here goes nothing...For a while now I have been keeping my computer on 24/7 and using 'sleep' at night while I sleep. The reason I do this is because when I have been shutting it down or even restarting the computer the monitor (HannsG LCD), keyboard (Saitek) and the mouse (MX518) are unresponsive (IE: Not lighting up, no response). The thing is the computer still boots up and the fans start and I can hear the HD's spinning. Now in the past when this has happened before I have been able to get it to start back up by simply cycling power until it worked, this time it's not working. Now, like I said earlier I'm not sure if it's hardware or software (Windows XP), although I have checked all of the internal connections (motherboard, gpu, psu, RAM, HD's) and all is good, so I'm guessing thats its software. The reason I'm in this trouble this time is because I simply restarted my computer. Now, before anyone says to reformat I must remind you that my monitor is unresponsive so that is not an option (if it were i would do it).

After re-reading that last sentence I guess it could be a hardware issue, but I have no clue what could cause my mouse, monitor, and keyboard to stop working while having my computer boot, unless it is my MB. Alright, thank you for reading my confusing paragraph and run on sentences. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! THANKS

Until then I'll go back to my knees cycling the power and praying!!

You said it yourself. It sounds more like a mobo issue than anything else. Windows would not prevent your Monitor from showing up during a reinstall. Heck it wouldnt prevent your devices from working at all during boot unless you had incorrect drivers. But you say that you can cycle the system and get them to work that isnt the case. So you have proper drivers but your hardware is faulty.

The only way to verify is to get a new mobo and test it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom