Help me get back on the internet! All is lost after viruses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer avg free. Mostly because of the free part but it gets the most votes in the antivirus poll here as well.

Get into safe mode and try uninstalling the new software.

Time for bed good luck.

AVG is good. I hear good stuff about it. I have also used it and prefer bitdefender over it. Free is good to a point.

by comparisons, BD tops usually.

I speak about the paid version. If you compair AVG Free vs BD Free, AVG wins because it has real time scanning where BD free does not. BD also takes less than 10Mb of memory. BD 2009 is also designed so it can't not be turned off and terminated. None of its processes can be shut down by a virus.

Don't use two different AV programs on the same computer at the same time.

Use one and one only. AVG obveously didn't work for you. Get rid of it and try something better.

I put bitdefender to the test all the time. basicaly looking for virus' at times. You know those malware filled emails? They always go to my spam folder but I like opening them still, don't ask me why, lol.

BD always stops whatever tries to get into the computer. Not once has it let anything in. There was also one time I went to a website which advertised its self as something I was searching for. Well, it was a lot more than that. BD stopped everything which was very persistant.

I did the with Norton on our laptop, Norton didn't catch everything in time and I had to remove some small little things.

hm. Norton just froze up on me just now.... Can't wait till the subscription runs out so I can load BD 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom