Help I can't view video or pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you gone to Windows update? Are you fully up to date? If so then you have SP2 installed. It should show up but only if you check the box in the Add/Remove programs to show updates if oyu have SP2 isntalled or not.

I would get rid of McAffee and get either AVG or Avast. Defender is just a Anti-Spyware so i would think that it is your expired McAffee that is causing this issue.

I'v gone to winows update and install something else but it wasnt SP2 and I got rid of McAfee but i still have the problem, im really ****ed now i dont know what to do.

You need to get ALL updates. Only then can we start to work on the issue. Go Start>run>winver in the run box. What does it say?

Also right click on My Computer and select Properties. There take a screenshot and post it here. This way we can get soem more info on your system.

You need to get ALL updates. Only then can we start to work on the issue. Go Start>run>winver in the run box. What does it say?

Also right click on My Computer and select Properties. There take a screenshot and post it here. This way we can get soem more info on your system.

It says "Microsoft Windows
Version 5.1 Service Pack 2
physical memory available to windows: 515,568 KB"
and i dont know how to take a screen shot plz tell me.

Alright i dont need it. You already have SP2 installed. So my next suggestion will be to go to the Virus section and follow Osiris's guide to spyware removal. Lets make sure the system is clean and not affected by anything harmful.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/

The Guide is a sticky thread in that area.

Can't I just run my windows defender, isnt that enough?
cuz the link on that page dont work

Windows Defender is one of the worst spyware apps out there. It catches about 20% of the spyware if you are lucky. The link is a download to the .doc guide. It works. I just tested it myself.

Alrite i had to install word viewer 1st, its work now but its after 11:00 and im not feeling good so goodnite i'll fix stuff 2marow.

Hi, im back and i finish doing all those spyware removal things in the guide and my computer is faster but im still having problems viewing videos mainly not so much with pictures i can see those for the most part. i think im havin a codec proplem so i install GSpot but that didnt help much like i said early. please help me

Get codecs. KLite, CCCP, AC3Filter or Vista Codec Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom