Help Creating Guest SSID

guru613

Beta member
Wondering if anyone can help configuring a WLan with a guest SSID...

I have a 4-port DLINK ADSL Router configured on a 10.0.0.x subnet, which is my home network.

the address of the router is 10.0.0.1

One port of that router is connecting an old Linksys WRT54GL Router in a different building.

I want the clients connecting to the Linksys to have internet access, but I don't want them to "see" my home network.

How exactly should i set this up? seems like the linksys needs to "see" the 10.0.0.x subnet, which means all the clents can see my home network.

Even if I put the linksys on a different subnet, ie 192.168.1.x, it updates the routing table and can still see all my home computers on the 10.0.0.x network....

I know i'm close, but I think i'm missing something here.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks.

I have a simarler system. From the D-Link, any device will get the 10.x IP's and the WRT will also get assigned a 10.x.

Now go into the WRT and set DHCP for any other IP addressing, (192, even 12.12.0.x) and any device on the WRT will be assigned that secondary IP.

After every device gets their IP, unless you tell some one on the WRT what the addressing is on the D-link, no one will 'see' the 10.x system nor will any one on the 10 see the other system.

Back
Top Bottom