Help choosing motherboard and processor

kydavies

Solid State Member
I currently have a AMD FX-4100 3.6 motherboard and wanting to upgrade problem i got is that there's too many that have to many different components which i am not familiar with. Looking for any recommendations i am please basically i am looking to spend about £400 on both motherboard and processor already have a £250 GPU which is why i am needing an AMD,already have 32gb Ram but wouldn't mind future proofing this to 64gb, not essential to have multiple GPU slots 2 at most if possible.I appreciate the time out guys to read and possibly help i just don't know where to start.

Firstly what kind of ram do you have, DDR2 or DDR3. Secondly weather the GPU is AMD or Nvidia is irrelevant, both work on AMD and Intel equally. In all honesty right now Intel is giving the best performance vrs price and can be more future proof over AMD with the 1150 chip set and will be able to be more upgradable down the road, Youll be able to just change the CPU to a better one if you decide to spend the extra money down the road to a higher end chip.

Dauntae

its DDR3 mate, so my AMD Radeon hd 7800 will be compatible on both platforms will it,I Chose AMD on because of its price to performance although i know that they are not as reliable as Intel. appreciate the feedback mate

I'm at work on my phone right now so searching is a little tough for me ATM but odds are PPMaguire will come in with a excellent recommendation for you, he's pretty much our hardware King on the forum and knows the best parts for performance vrs price.

Dauntae

Cant fault you mate for you feed back means alot,as you know everything costs money so you wanna make sure that what your buying is top notch you know.il also be looking for a full tower case,but for now im gonna see what im needing to spend on the processor and motherboard.

Your an animal fair play mate i just get confused, GPU POwer supplies I'm fine with hut motherboards and processors straight over my head lmfao.you think I could add you on my steam account might need your help just one more time,then if tour lucky il kick your ass on battlefield lmfao.

Sure, but unless you're up late your time you might not catch me until the weekends. Just know the setup I linked is the best money can basically buy right now for a gaming setup.

Cheers bud will be looking for a full tower soon to 100 quid limit but will let you know your a diamond cheers bud

Any particular reason why you want a full tower? They're pretty pointless besides for a few things like a full custom water loop or something like needing 10 HDDs.

Back
Top Bottom