Headphones

someoneiusedtolove

Baseband Member
My headphones worked perfectly but then one day i was listening to music and did NOTHING with them.

I just heard a little boom ! And then the volume of the right side headphone has changed. The left one is loud but the right one is on lower volume..

I don't have a clue why did it happen/how/ what to do.

Same happened with my other headphones.. The right headphone is whining. - making a noise but the other one is perfect..

Why is this happening so much, what should i do..

(They're Mp3 Headphones)

If they were older headphones the rubber on the speakers could have worn, and when you turned up your music the speakers in the right side popped. They could have also been poked funny or they were just poorly made. Either way you'll have to have to buy a new pair or replace the right speaker.

It's not your headphones if it happens with other headphones as well

The problem most likely is the 3.5mm jack that you plug the headphones into. If it doesn't connect cleanly to each of the 3 (or sometimes 4) separate contact points, it'll sound exactly like you describe.

If you can, clean out the port and make sure there's nothing stuck in there. If that doesn't fix it, the actual contacts inside might have come loose, in which case you'd have to take apart the device and either try a repair or get a new jack from the device part supplier and install it.

My headphones worked perfectly but then one day i was listening to music and did NOTHING with them.

I just heard a little boom ! And then the volume of the right side headphone has changed. The left one is loud but the right one is on lower volume..

I don't have a clue why did it happen/how/ what to do.

Same happened with my other headphones.. The right headphone is whining. - making a noise but the other one is perfect..

Why is this happening so much, what should i do..

(They're Mp3 Headphones)

Try a new set of headphones if the problem continues. Then go into your media player and make sure the balance is even. If it is. Then check your volume control panel to make sure all your controls are balanced. If they are then you may want to update your sound driver. After all that if the problem remains then replace your sound card. You may have to change it in the bios where it is pointed if your motherboard has an onboard Jack. Check out new egg for a card it is who i order from.

What came to my mind is that maybe the voltage or the impedance is too high. I am not really into this but heard of something like this.

Try a new set of headphones if the problem continues. Then go into your media player and make sure the balance is even. If it is. Then check your volume control panel to make sure all your controls are balanced. If they are then you may want to update your sound driver. After all that if the problem remains then replace your sound card. You may have to change it in the bios where it is pointed if your motherboard has an onboard Jack. Check out new egg for a card it is who i order from.

You might simply try the headphones with some other audio player like an ipod or smartphone and if it works fine, it's something in your computer.

What came to my mind is that maybe the voltage or the impedance is too high. I am not really into this but heard of something like this.

This could definitely be an issue with the sound card where a component went bad throwing of the sound levels on one side.

Back
Top Bottom