HBO Online

Question in thread body.

• Yes, I would rather have everything online and only one bill being internet.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No, I prefer having my show providers the way they are handled.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other, Include reason in your post.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
A friend of mine well his wife works for the cable company and even she hates them lol but it's a good paycheck, The sales people get commission for sales made, And even if the down right BS you on what they tell you, They DO have the recorded calls and will only use it if they might lose out, But if they lied to you that recording will never be heard again. I HATE the cable company but they managed to keep the competition out of my city, So if you want TV and high speed internet in a package you have only one choice, Comcast....
Well, besides the BS part of the calls (I only deal online for this reason), that's the whole part of my thread.

You pay for a specific service you want via online streaming (like what HBO is moving to) instead of dealing with cable bundles and getting 3 or 4 other channels you don't want.

I might be doing the same, just internet and a antenna for the over the air hifi stuff that's still there. only show I really watch is the walking dead and I think I can watch it on the AMC site but if not there are plenty places to stream it from.

I asked that because it's my belief that standardized TV and programming seems to be in a rapid decline with so many online services.

Not as rapid as you believe - fox news is still the leading manufacturer of sheeple on the planet

Joking aside, it doesn't mean that standardized TV as we know it isn't declining rapidly. From what I'm being told the struggle is real for them.

I'm almost halfway through my initial two year agreement, so once that's up I'm most likely going to scrap cable and just stick with internet. It's way too expensive for what's offered, and I only watch a handful of channels on certain nights.

I would love to be able to do something like pay $5/month per selected channel. There's maybe only about five channels or so that I ever even turn to, so I would love to be able to just subscribe to them and cut out all of the rest, along with a huge chunk of my monthly bill.

I'm almost halfway through my initial two year agreement, so once that's up I'm most likely going to scrap cable and just stick with internet. It's way too expensive for what's offered, and I only watch a handful of channels on certain nights.

I would love to be able to do something like pay $5/month per selected channel. There's maybe only about five channels or so that I ever even turn to, so I would love to be able to just subscribe to them and cut out all of the rest, along with a huge chunk of my monthly bill.
That's the general consensus I'm getting and right on the money with what I thought would be the trend. Cool.

Way, way too expensive :tongue:

Apparently it's pretty close to what you'd be paying for it if you had cable/satellite anyway. And since you can't get HBO without some cable package right now anyway...it could come out cheaper if that's all you're wanting.

That's not expensive at all really considering there is no real "trend". I do not compare this to the likes of Netflix or Hulu simply because those haven't been a cable package the past how many years. Not only that, but Netflix 4k I think is 13 or 15 bucks a month too. It's definitely in the right direction to combat piracy IMO, much so if they release content worldwide at the same time.

Consider the following, to get the same service requires subscription fee to the cable provider, basic TV and other channel packages, and you're looking at over 30 a month for the same thing JUST for HBO. If you want that on DirecTV you're looking at around 50-60 a month.

Back
Top Bottom