Having a decent sound card improves game performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zep

Baseband Member
I was told that having a good sound card could improve the way a game performs...I thought it was logical, since it takes a load of work out of the motherboard, the more memory the sound card has the less work the mobo has to do. But is this true? Does it really improve game performance?

Thanks, feedback is appreciated

no sound card won't help your PC improve gaming performance
it will help YOU improve your gaming performance

right...you'll enjoy the sound in the game a little more...it wont help the FPS though

H4x3r said:
right...you'll enjoy the sound in the game a little more...it wont help the FPS though

It will.

Lets take an intergrated vs an x-fi. The intergrated will run alot of stuff in software mode, meaning it uses your processor to do things. However another card can run everything in hardware mode on the sound card.

Yup. That's what I was saying^ Like it will take the load off of the mobo or other comp components thus make it 'faster' or perform 'lighter' ;) Thanks man :)

Indeed, it's not as bigger deal these days as it was a few years back with CPU's as powerful as they are.

Was a little different with a 486dx though, put in a SB card in and your performance doubled!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom