Have I been hacked?

Does restoring to factory settings screw with the Hard drive space? Before this problem started I had around 370 GB of hard drive space. After they did the restore/reinstall my laptop has around 90 GB of space. I would just go out and buy a brand new laptop or desktop if I could. Well, I mean I could but there are other things that are more important. Rent, bills and whatnot.

That doesn't sound like a full wipe to me. They may have re-installed windows completely but without wiping the hard drive (meanign you can still access your old profiles but have to navigate through a lot of folders and such) where your problem lies... its still infecting you?

I mean, thats the only thing that pops through my head as to why you have a lot less GB where as a wipe (along with HDD wipe) would have restored all your GB space as if it has never been touched.

EDIT:
Carnage is a Ninja... or I am just slow :p

I mean, thats the only thing that pops through my head as to why you have a lot less GB where as a wipe (along with HDD wipe) would have restored all your GB space as if it has never been touched.

That's exactly what it is.

Guarantee the old stuff is in C:\Windows.old

And if there's a rootkit... then it will still be on the drive.

EDIT:
Carnage is a Ninja... or I am just slow :p

Secret :p.

Too bad we don't have a ninja smiley :( lol.

my offer still stand i will mail u a copy of windows if u need me to. you should be able to use the key off the bottom of your laptop if you decide to go with a full format and re install.
if you lived in my area i would gladly show u how to do it.

my offer still stand i will mail u a copy of windows if u need me to. you should be able to use the key off the bottom of your laptop if you decide to go with a full format and re install.
if you lived in my area i would gladly show u how to do it.
That's mighty kind of you.
carnageX said:
Secret :tongue:.

Too bad we don't have a ninja smiley :sad: lol.
Bring that up at the next ninja meeting, would you?

i know how ****ty it is having ur pc messing up on you and not having a backup. i think we all been there at some point in time.

Back
Top Bottom