Have a good Easter 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a Lindt egg and a Cadbury's Mini Egg's easter eggs.

Then whole family came over and we had a BBQ too. Sorry for crappy photo :p It will have to suffice.

BBQ.jpg

Then whole family came over and we had a BBQ too.QUOTE]

Mi amigo, you've got a lot to learn about what constitutes a family BBQ/cookout. Where are the burgers? Steaks? Actual BBQ? I at least see something akin to hot dogs, but with sticks? At least there appears to be some chicken on the grill.

You should see when my family gets together and cooks. Last time I got to go my cousin Chop (his name is Randy but he has always been Chop to us) was grilling around 30 pounds of pork chops, 40 pounds of chicken, and 20 pounds of ribeye steaks. And that was just what was on the grill. His dad, my uncle Ray, had two turkey friers fired up deep-frying catfish and hush puppies in one and chicken in the other. Plus everything that everyone else brought. Yeah, we's knows hows to eat.

Looks like you had a good time, though.

Then whole family came over and we had a BBQ too.QUOTE]

Mi amigo, you've got a lot to learn about what constitutes a family BBQ/cookout. Where are the burgers? Steaks? Actual BBQ? I at least see something akin to hot dogs, but with sticks? At least there appears to be some chicken on the grill.

You should see when my family gets together and cooks. Last time I got to go my cousin Chop (his name is Randy but he has always been Chop to us) was grilling around 30 pounds of pork chops, 40 pounds of chicken, and 20 pounds of ribeye steaks. And that was just what was on the grill. His dad, my uncle Ray, had two turkey friers fired up deep-frying catfish and hush puppies in one and chicken in the other. Plus everything that everyone else brought. Yeah, we's knows hows to eat.

Looks like you had a good time, though.

Oh i totally agree. But most the family likes chicken and the BBQ isn't very big.. so there goes the steaks and burgers. If it's just me and dad because the woman are out in town, we do pretty much what you said.

You gotta remember the weather in this country is wildy unpredictable and wet most the time, BBQ's are a luxury so people don't invest in nice big BBQ's that can fit a lot on. People arn't prepared to go and bust a load of money on meat when the weather is 50/50 for the evening :p Also an average steak from the supermarket is £5
a piece, quite a lot for one piece of meat which isn't guaranteed to be tender.

But yeh we had a good time. There was a load more food cooked in the oven and on the hob like hotdogs, jacket potatoes, pasta too.

Easter was good for me. Got to see my niece again which was nice. She's two months old and has started smiling. Also got to see my two nephews, though they are pretty crazy. Whole family got together so it was a pretty good weekend.

ha ha I was younger then that when i started smiling, specially when I'd throw up on my poor dad.... LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom