Has DRM really started to loose the plot

Here is my experiences. I purchase Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon via Steam. It installed. It then install Uplay to active the software which I purchased via Steam. When loading up FC3:BD via Steam, it loads Uplay which then loads the game from Steam.

Recently formatted my PC. Install Uplay separately. Tried to install FC3:BD from uPlay. No, it's still insisting on the game cache from my steam directory.

My point is that no only to I have to load into 2 game networks (Steam, then uPlay), but the software insists on game files from Steam.

Here is my experiences. I purchase Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon via Steam. It installed. It then install Uplay to active the software which I purchased via Steam. When loading up FC3:BD via Steam, it loads Uplay which then loads the game from Steam.

Recently formatted my PC. Install Uplay separately. Tried to install FC3:BD from uPlay. No, it's still insisting on the game cache from my steam directory.

My point is that no only to I have to load into 2 game networks (Steam, then uPlay), but the software insists on game files from Steam.

This is just for Ubisoft games. It is requiring the Steam files to verify your purchase. Which is the whole point of their DRM, so that makes sense to me.

I agree that it is pretty annoying though.

Back
Top Bottom