Has anybody tinkered around with Hardy Heron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a Hardy Ubuntu studio. Just install hardy then apt-get the things I said, or install ubuntu studio and update.

Ubuntu Studio isn't really a distro. Its just a theme and set of apps to be added to Ubuntu.

I'll probably just wait for a few more releases of Hardy before installing...I need something that will work with the new fglrx drivers, and Gutsy did NOT do that (it corrupted my system pretty much). Since Alpha 3 is a lot like Gutsy, I doubt it'd work, hopefully support for the new drivers will be automatic in the final release.

Hardy Heron I am looking forward to its release, I hope it has better support for 5.1 surround as I tried gusty today an 5.1 was a joke.

What kind of audio card do you have with 5.1? I have a Realtek integrated 5.1 that only gets 2 channel in Ubuntu...I'd like to have it work but then again I only have 2 speakers (unless I plug in another set of PC speakers behind me). I will probably get some nice speakers once I'm in college and/or have a job.

It's onboard sound I will have to check in a bit what it is, but it dose support 5.1. Might have to upgrade it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom