hardware for getting ps2 online

Status
Not open for further replies.

starwars

Solid State Member
Hi, i have a PS2 slim, and i want to get it on the internet wirelessly. what hardware do I need? I have windstream. also, i've been told that i can't do this with my modem (speedstream 4200). Is this true, because I havn't seen that anywhere else.
Thanks.

If I am not mistaken, you cant do wireless on the PS2. It only comes with a wired network adapter. I do not remember the PS2 ever coming with WiFi built in. So there will be no way you can do this unless you can find a WiFi Dongle that is compatible with the PS2.

PS2 slim has the network adapter built in. I know for sure you can get wireless on PS2. I was going to get a wireless router, and a wireless ethernet bridge. Would that work? Also, I couldn't find a usb dongle for PS2, but if I did, could I do that instead of the wireless ethernet bridge? Thanks.:grin:

So you're saying you PS2 is wireless?

If so then you need to purchase a wireless router, connect it to your modem, configure the wireless router and you're golden.

You don't need two pieces of equipment, just one. You need a wireless router that broadcasts your internet. Connection would go like this:
Wall>Cable or phone line>modem>router=== wifi === then your PS2.

What the **** - I just said that and you contradicted me and so no it does...

Okay if you want your PS2 to be wireless you just need a ps2 wireless adapter.

You can purchase a wireless bridge like you've been talking about, but that is only going to solve half of your problem. See a wireless bridge is just a way for the PS2 to connect to a wireless signal. But guess what, your modem isn't wireless so you would need to purchase a wireless router too.

Three possible solutions to your issue:
1. hard wire your ps2 to your modem
2. purchase a wireless router AND a wireless adapter for the ps2
3. purchase a wireless router AND a wireless bridge for the ps2

Either way you need a wireless router to broadcast your internet connection to any wireless device in your home. Honestly in choosing between a bridge and an adapter I would go with what you can find for the lowest price vs quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom