Happy Thanksgiving in a general gaming way

Except that it requires cooking a gigantic piece of meat.

For real gravy? Yeah, I suppose it does. You can make really good gravy with store bought stock. Just saute some minced onion in a pan with butter, add in the stock and then some cornstarch and water mixed together. Let it simmer a few minutes, add salt and pepper and BOOM you have gravy. Throw some mushrooms in with the onion and a splash of wine in with the broth for more body. I always put a few splashes of soy sauce too.

For real gravy? Yeah, I suppose it does. You can make really good gravy with store bought stock. Just saute some minced onion in a pan with butter, add in the stock and then some cornstarch and water mixed together. Let it simmer a few minutes, add salt and pepper and BOOM you have gravy. Throw some mushrooms in with the onion and a splash of wine in with the broth for more body. I always put a few splashes of soy sauce too.

stock?

It doesn't sound disgusting, but how much better is it than canned gravy?

It doesn't sound disgusting, but how much better is it than canned gravy?

It would be like comparing canned tomato sauce to homemade tomato sauce. The depth of flavor is much better and you can tweak it to how you like it. Another huge benefit is that you control what goes into it. No chemicals or extra garbage you don't need. You can even make extra and freeze it in a ziploc bag. Then when you need it, you can have gravy instantly.

It would be like comparing canned tomato sauce to homemade tomato sauce. The depth of flavor is much better and you can tweak it to how you like it. Another huge benefit is that you control what goes into it. No chemicals or extra garbage you don't need. You can even make extra and freeze it in a ziploc bag. Then when you need it, you can have gravy instantly.

Hmmm, I'll have to keep that in mind then.

Back
Top Bottom