Halo2PC... vista only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThE_MarD

In Runtime
Heyyo,

You guys hear about it? I mean, my god, what a marketing ploy eh? yet again, halo used as a flagship product by m$. No mention of a Mac port, even though Halo was a MACINTOSH game at heart. It's seriously disgusting. I hope they do make a Mac port just to do the series justice. But yeah, there's no support for winxp, so in order to play Halo2 you'd need vista, and the port is being done by Bungie, m$, and a gaming company m$ owns that they won't mention yet... vista is rumored to come out in december, and that means the port has a big chance of being rushed... They did say they wanna tweak the weapons, I bet mainly due to the critisizim that Halo2 was very n00bish, so at least gameplay wise the PC version will be superior to console.

I for one am buying Vista cause IMO winxp blows cause of how unstable it is. If you worked as a computer tech you'd know that win98 was plenty more stable. Even networking on winxp is worse cause you can't password protect folders unless you use some crappy 3rd party software that charges you $40, which pretty much just makes like a zip file just not compressed & passworded.

I didn't read the whole thread but yes it is only comming out on vista. they think people will buy vista just because some console crossover is going to be on it.
and yes a shotgun is a n00b cannon :)
------------------------
wait I just read more of it, did you say Halo was Mac at heart, I really hope you mean the actuall fruit

You know what scares me more.. the fact that if the game its like the shitty port of the Halo for PC i can't imagine that game its going to push PC to their limits.. if you know what i mean :amazed: :confused:

I played Halo 2 on the xbox and it blows chunks! I thought it was one of the worst put together games I have ever played. I certainly won't be rushing out to buy Vista to play suck *** Halo2. It may well port over to the PC better than the consoles but in order to play it you gonna need to pay £120 for Vista(proably even more) and then another £40 for Halo 2. This is just another way for M$ to make more money. I will be getting Vista but not because M$ want me to play a Halo2. M$ suck!!!!

well..is vista gonna be any better?? stable?? faster??
supposed to be right? according to MS...yes MS...

i don believe u MS..

This is BS....there is no reason for the forced obsolecence of WindowsXP thats going to take place quickly after the release of Vista.

ThE_MarD said:
I for one am buying Vista cause IMO winxp blows cause of how unstable it is. If you worked as a computer tech you'd know that win98 was plenty more stable.

The all time n00bish comment of Tech-Forums history!

Re: Re: Halo2PC... vista only?

SHAWN said:
The all time n00bish comment of Tech-Forums history!

That comment by The_MArd reminds me of my customers continually griping about XP and how Win95 was so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom