Hack Apple iPhone

Joe C

Golden Master
The feds have attempted to hack the password of an Apple iPhone belonging to the terrorists wife of the San Bernardino shootings. A court has ordered Apple to provide a backdoor to access this phone. Apple has been denying this court order stating it will open a door to hack all their phones and violate their privacy policies.
Should Apple provide the necessary tool/software to hack the password from this phone?

discuss....

Should Apple PROVIDE a tool/software to the government to crack the phone? Absolutely not.

Should Apple extract the information and provide just that to the government? Absolutely.

My reasoning? The b**** surrendered all privacy rights when she and her idiot husband opened fire on innocent people. Even if she was still breathing I would say the same. Also, since she is dead privacy is no longer a concern.

Again, Apple should not give the government a reusable tool or program, but they should try to extract and give the info to the authorities.

I wouldn't doubt that this has already been offered, but they want to use this as an excuse to have a backdoor into any cell phone regardless of brand or OS.

Edit: Actually if you think about it if they really wanted any data off the phone they could either subpoena for it or get into her email to reset her password anyways. Since she's a gonner I doubt highly the phone is iCloud locked.

I wouldn't doubt that this has already been offered, but they want to use this as an excuse to have a backdoor into any cell phone regardless of brand or OS.

Agreed, which is why I'd also say no. Setting a precedent here would be way too dangerous

Edit: Actually if you think about it if they really wanted any data off the phone they could subpoena for it

Wat? Data, you have been supboena'd. Get off that phone and into the courtroom! And decrpyt yourself too! :p

I applaud Apple and stand behind their decision 100%. I want to add that I don't think Apple has the right to retrieve anything from the phones at all. It's NOT their data. If the FBI wants it, then the FBI needs to figure out how to get it. Not Apple. You know, at one time, the feds had to solve crimes and come up with evidence without cracking encryption. I find it strange that all of a sudden they HAVE to have access to data like this. I mean come on, what did they do in the 90's before smart phones?

Wat? Data, you have been supboena'd. Get off that phone and into the courtroom! And decrpyt yourself too! :p

:lol:

PP Mguire said:
I take it you don't understand what a subpoena is.

I think he was being facetious.

In the 90s we didn't have encryption withholding evidence for national security. The person is dead, there's no right to the data anymore and Apple more than likely has it.

The issue here is they don't need a backdoor, they are using this as an excuse to get a backdoor. They can subpoena for the evidence on the phone which as I was saying Apple would more than likely hand over. Apple have every right IMO to tell them they are overstepping their bounds because they are.

Back
Top Bottom