H1Z1 Early Access

It seems like it COULD be a decent game, I just tried PvE so nobody killing me lol P2W is lame however, A LOT isn't yet working and the Zombies don't even acnoledge your there ATM but if the only way to get guns and ammo is buy a air drop then this game will def fail hard, with no guns survival is impossible with the amount of zombies. Personally DayZ SA IS a better game BUT not yet complete, Once they get to the point of having all the components in it will be great BUT it's huge downfall is you won't be able to build anything so DayZ will fall short on that point. Now if you could combine the two we would have a great game.

Well is a SOE game thats the main problem right there. I still hate them ruining DC online. I loved that game but they let cheaters run free for to long and killed the game.

For anybody that wants it, PM me for an access code to PCGamer's server.

Edit: Dauntae got it.

Last edited:
So my review of 3 hours in...

Loot is awesome.. in 1 hour i found guns, ammo, backpack, and discovered enough recipes to be well survived. It was a PvP server so i was raw and thrown in amungst the chaos.

I found a car.. it needed a battery. Explored around a bit and endedup finding a battery then drove the car like a mad-man through hordes of zombies.

At this point i've decided that not only is the engine more user-friendly but the game itself is MUCH LESS BUGGY than DayZ... H1Z1 is clearly a more developed game.. be it because of the engine NOT being Arma... (Arma engine is too clunky and cumbersome) But also the framerate is awesome.. I run an i5, 8gb ram and a GTX 670 and I was exceeding at least 60fps on high (pixel and quality), max render distance, 1920x1080, and at 70 FOV.

Overall i give the game a 8.9/10 in 3 hours of play.

I admit if the game came with some sort of party system and an ability to at least spawn near your friends it would easily go up another .7 points to a 9.6.

I LOVE IT... but i hate dying... so the drive to survive is real.

I was killed by a bear when i had the most gear i've ever had.
Backpack loaded with water, food, guns, ammo, makeshift hatchet and bow, tons of arrows, tons of blackberries.. then a friggin bear killed me..

Last edited:
A buddy at work was telling mehe has buddys playing it and love it. Kinds of makes want to give it a go even if its a soe game lol. I hope they see the negative reactions pay to win gets and solve the issue since its still in the works.

They're implementing steps to make it less P2W. Sure, you can buy airdrops. But the plane now flies in much slower, and it now drops up to 700meters away (used to be 200m). Basically there is as much chance as someone else getting your paid-for airdrop as yourself. They have also significantly reduced the chances your airdrop has weapons in, to less than 10% for a shotgun.

I've barely played yet. There are about 50 US servers and only 9 EU ones. So I have to wait 2+ hours to login. You go away for a bit, come back to see it's logged you in but you died, and the respawn doesn't seem to work yet so you have to quit and try again and wait another 2 hours. I've had the game running for about 6 hours and have got 15 minutes play time so far :p

They're implementing steps to make it less P2W. Sure, you can buy airdrops. But the plane now flies in much slower, and it now drops up to 700meters away (used to be 200m). Basically there is as much chance as someone else getting your paid-for airdrop as yourself. They have also significantly reduced the chances your airdrop has weapons in, to less than 10% for a shotgun.

I've barely played yet. There are about 50 US servers and only 9 EU ones. So I have to wait 2+ hours to login. You go away for a bit, come back to see it's logged you in but you died, and the respawn doesn't seem to work yet so you have to quit and try again and wait another 2 hours. I've had the game running for about 6 hours and have got 15 minutes play time so far :p

Dang man.. what is your ping to 50.57.166.73

Back
Top Bottom