Guardian Edge Disk Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
Anybody familiar with this product? Our corporate security guys have mandated it for all laptops. No problem right? Well until I installed it on the old Toshiba they gave me to use. Installed it, reboot, everything's fine. Take it home, leave it for a couple weeks, boot it up, no joy. I get the black screen that says Guardian Edge, blah blah version 9.3.0.... then it goes black and says preparing pre-windows environment, then a black screen with blinking cursor. Forever. I left it for 2 days and no joy. Called the corporate honks and of course that had never happened before, format reinstall. Cool. Did that. All is well. Install Guardian Edge again, reboot, runs perfectly. Let it stay on overnight to finish doing the encryption as I thought maybe the first time it didn't complete which was why it crapped out. Anyway, shut it off and left it for a few hours, turn it on, same black screen. Now it won't even let me format the drive and gives me STOP 0x0000006b. Process1 initialization failed. The corporate honks said that it wouldn't be locked and that even if it was they would need it to boot farther than that to get in and unlock it. So now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom